Maui Rum and Ocean Vodka

Tonight I picked up a few groceries at our local grocery store, Safeway. Maui Rum (one of my favorites) is currently on sale for $18.99/bottle. Their dark rum is very good, as is the gold, but tonight I found a new to me Maui rum - a Pineapple Flavored Rum. Normally I don't like flavored liquors, the ones I've tried have tasted fake. But this bottle proclaimed it to be flavored with Maui Gold Pineapple.... so I had to try it! It is really quite nice.

At the end of the aisle was a display of Ocean Vodka, locally produced vodka made from organic sugar cane and deep ocean mineral water. If you haven't toured their farm and facility, do. It is really quite interesting.

Now check out this lei! Rather than a traditional flower, kukui nut or shell lei, you could buy an Ocean Vodka lei :) It has two mini bottles of vodka and two shot glasses, together with some plastic orchids. I can think of several of our friends who would prefer this to a flower lei :) I couldn't find a price-tag on it. I suspect the ABC store or Whaler's Village probably have these in stock too.

Labels: ,