Did you know the owner of Snorkel Bob's is a Pulitzer-nominated author?

We have a subscription to the Sunday paper. I'm not exactly sure why. I get most of my news online. I admit to being a holdout and still having CBC World News, a Canadian news agency, as my internet home page - I like getting world news and the local news stations have little of it. Facebook's MauiNow is my main source for Maui related news, and then in the evenings we'll sometimes watch HawaiiNewsNow's 10pm newscast on TV. But Sig has this Sunday paper deal going with the MauiNews. The kids enjoy the comics, I will look through it, but usually by the time I get to it, it's a few days old.

I finally got around to looking through the paper yesterday - and guess what I found? An article on Bob Wintner, the owner of a popular snorkel rental shop here on Maui - Snorkel Bob's. Turns out he's also an author and activist. I have not read any of his books, but just might have to check him out at our local library.

You learn something new every day!

Labels: , , , ,