Check-in and Tree Trimming at our Sugar Beach condo

Yesterday was a check-in day at our Sugar Beach condo. Cindy had already given me the 'all clear' after cleaning the day before. Sig had already been in to get the lanai door screen back in its track (the previous guest had knocked it off track - it happens).

So I drove over with my trunk full of goodies. I always carry a big Costco-sized jug of laundry soap and fabric softener in the back of my car so I can refill the condo jugs for our guests. Why have a washer and dryer if you don't have soap, after all. I also had with me a supply of condo pens and paper, a few guest mac nuts (plain salted, chocolate and garlic & onion - try the garlic & onion, they are really good!), a starter pack of coffee, rags for random wiping, air freshener (sometimes guests fry up the last of their bacon the day they leave - that smell is hard to knock out). I looked around, checked the TVs to make sure they were set to TV mode (nothing like having to figure out how to switch the input right off the bat, though we do have instructions in the instruction manual in the TV cabinet). I checked the guest book (happy guestbook entry, mahalo!), placed the new towels Cindy had asked for in the bathroom cabinet. I double-checked the safe (we once had a guest forget a wedding band in there, oops!).

As I was leaving I snapped a picture of the palms being trimmed in the parking lot. Have you ever wondered why they need trimming and how they do it? Certain palm trees shed their spent palm fronds (they come crashing down on their own, hopefully not hitting a car or person below). These trees need to be manually cut. Also, all coconuts are removed (also for safety reasons - guide books will actually warn you to NOT sit under a coconut palm, those are high up and they pick up speed and power when they fall down and land on your head). One of my kids actually asked for a palms-climbing set a few years ago. It just looks like fun!


Labels: ,