Yesterday I got to meet Maui author Toby Neal - I am such a fan!

Maui author and counselor Toby Neal
I had the opportunity to meet Maui's own author and counselor Toby Neal yesterday. I stumbled across Toby's books last summer at the Kihei library, starting with Twisted Vine and then Unsound. This winter I found her books on Kindle Unlimited and have since read them all in order.

I've met artists who have created jewelry and art I own, but never an author whose books I love!

Toby was so friendly and down-to-earth. We chatted for a while about the drawing classes she's taking (she's blogging about them, and quite frankly her posts are hilarious), her youth novel Island Fire and the latest project she's working on - a memoir.

No, I didn't get a selfie with Toby and I. I didn't want her to think I was a complete nut!

If you enjoy mystery, suspense and good ole' romance, pick up her books. They are great!


Labels: