A stroll down Market Street in Wailuku

I finally went for that stroll down Market Street in Wailuku I've been wanting to do. They've done a neat job of revitalizing this area in old town Wailuku. While there are five pawn shops on this street, there are also some really neat little shops and boutiques. This is also where Wailuku's First Friday Town Party is held every month (6-9pm).

One store I've been wanting to check out for a while now is Native Intelligence at 1980 Main Street (just around the corner from Market Street). Definitely check this store out if you are looking for some unique souvenirs! From clothes to stationary, jewelry to unique lei.... Absolutely beautiful.


Right next door is a cute women's boutique Wahine Love. They've been in business 4 months now with some rather unique clothes/jewelry at reasonable prices.

Wailuku Coffee Company is a place I will need to go when I'm a little less caffeinated. Maui Macaroons' samples were amazing. And yes, I did actually go into a few of the pawn shops. Just to look. I have bought a few nice pieces of jewelry there in the past with the help of my trusted jewelry-expert friend Janna.

We ended our little expedition with a repeat visit to Aria's at 2062 W Vineyard (just around the corner). It was busy today. We arrived just at noon and waited five minutes to be seated. I had the chicken putanesca. It was delicious! Consider making reservations or coming a little before or after the lunch rush. They are also open for breakfast and dinner.

Do check it out!

Labels: , ,