I got to meet Maui's very own Rachel Ray!

Have you heard of Rachel Ray? No, not the chef, the Maui artist! She paints the most beautiful paintings. I've bought many of her cards, and most recently have three of her prints hanging above the bed at our Sugar Beach condo.

three Rachel Ray prints above the bed at our Sugar Beach condo
My Austrian friend Dany's store Maui Memories (in Wailea Gateway Plaza) stocks some of Rachel's cards and prints, but today I was in search of the new 2015 calendars. I had seen on Rachel's website that I could get them at the U'i Gallery in Kahului, so on today's Kahului trip I went looking for that gallery. It was very easy to find, located in the strip mall/industrial area on the corner of Dairy Road and the Hana Hwy (same as the Maui Coffee Roasters etc). As for the gallery name - U'i (pronounced Oo-ee) means beautiful in Hawaiian.

Rachel Ray's art gallery in Kahului
When I walked in the door, there she was, Rachel Ray coming down the stairs with her youngest daughter. What a surprise! Rachel and her husband Duke run this gallery which features mainly Rachel's art but also some Randy Jay Braun and a few other artists. You have got to check out their gallery, especially if you are looking for Christmas items. Rachel gave me a tour of the gallery - from cards, to mouse pads, to cutting boards, posters, original art, Ni'ihau shell jewelry, koa wood art etc, there's something for everyone's budget. Rachel and Duke were wonderfully friendly and welcoming.

Yes, I got my seven calendars (she autographed one for me) - and a few more cards! I will be back, that's for sure! Check them out on facebook for up-to-date news!

Labels: , ,