Avocados, avocados, what to do with all these avocados?

One of our neighbors brought us five large avocados, at least two of which are ripe. I like avocados, but the rest of the family doesn't so much, so here I am scouring the internet for avocado uses...


Then I saw a picture of a prosciutto-wrapped avocado slice. Conveniently we have prosciutto in the fridge. I didn't follow the recipe, but just wrapped strips of prosciutto around slices of plain avocado. Sorry, they weren't fancy enough to take pictures, but they were quite delicious.

What are your favorite avocado uses? I love guacamole, and also slices of avocado in a sandwich. I think I might try these baked avocado fries with dinner....

DID YOU KNOW? If you aren't finishing the avocado in one sitting, leave the pit in the left-over avocado and seal tightly in a bag. It will help keep the avocado from turning brown.

Labels: