Hello there, baby pineapple!

Look what I have - another ripe pineapple! This is the second pineapple to have ripened on my original pineapple plant (one last year, now this one 14 months later). By comparison, it is TINY, the fruit itself measuring 3 inches tall. However, it smells delicious. And there is another slightly larger pineapple still ripening.

As for my other pineapple plants, none of them have even gotten a bud. This pineapple plant was the first Maui Gold pineapple I planted from Costco. The others were later purchases from Costco and while they grew, they have not gotten as large nor had a bud. I wonder if they are GMO with an automatic kill-gene in them as some plants are nowadays. Ah well, it's been fun experimenting.

To read more about my experimental pineapple plantings - click the 'Cara's pineapple' link under 'labels' on the right side of the blog.

the kids call this one crazy-haired. Look how tiny it is, only 3 inches tall.
just enough for a taste

Labels: , ,