Helicopter Ride!

Today I went on my first ever helicopter ride! Our tour was of the West Maui Mountains (an extinct sunken volcano) and the island of Molokai. I've been so curious to fly over the West Maui Mountains and peer down into those lush crevaces. I've also really wanted to see the Molokai sea cliffs (the world's tallest), so this was the tour for me!

We booked with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters. The office ladies were friendly, our pilot Glenda wonderful! I highly recommend it!

Here are a few cell phone camera shots to tease you.

Our Blue Hawaiian helicopter with a ground crew member

Leaving from Kahului heliport, heading West

A beautiful bay on Molokai

The famous sea cliffs on Molokai (in parts these are up to 3000 ft tall)

Back on Maui: heading into a gorge near Lahaina

Did you know there are crop circles on Maui? This one next to Hansen Road

What a cool experience! I want to go again!!

Labels: ,