Kite boarding

Have you tried kite boarding (aka kite surfing)? The other day we were sitting with a number of other people in the oceanfront hot tub at our Sugar Beach condo. A teenager and his dad had been watching one of them kite board and they were full of questions. Turns out the kite boarder has been doing it for about 16 years and is an instructor. While I admit most of the conversation went in one ear and out the other (for me at least), a few things stuck. Take a few lessons to begin with so you know what to do, and learn how to self-rescue. Self-rescue? Ok, I'll admit, I'm a little intrigued...

I watched this guy kite boarding off Sugar Beach yesterday!
We've had several kite boarding guests stay at our Sugar Beach condo. The resort has storage facilities you can rent to store your gear while here on vacation. According to what I'm seeing online, the kite boarding season is mainly May-September. There are apparently a few kite boarding schools on Maui's North Shore (in or near Kahului) you can take lessons at, if you're interested.

Labels: , , ,