Have you been to Mama's Fish House?

There is a lot of hype surrounding dinner (or lunch) at Mama's Fish House. Mama's is located in just past Pai'a (just before the lookout) and has been in business for 30 years now. They are known for serving wonderfully prepared fresh fish with a beautiful view.

In all the years of coming on vacation and now living here, we had never been to Mama's... So recently I made reservations online (directly on their website which links you to Open Table). I also made a comment in the reservation that it was my birthday, hoping it would net us a better table....

Mama's has valet parking (and a rather small parking lot, so that's a good thing). We dropped off our car, then walked across the beautiful grounds to the restaurant. I've always heard it is gorgeous, and it definitely is.

We had front row seating (right next to the window) - hey, the birthday thing worked (and for the record, it really was my birthday, no lie!)

front row seating with a great ocean view!
birthday greeting waiting for us at the table - awww

 Lunch was pricey, but we had done our homework and that was no surprise.

I had the lehi (red snapper) - it was mild and delicious
Sig had their signature dish, the crab-stuffed mahi mahi with lobster tail

apple-banana macademia nut crumble - so delicious... I will definitely need to make this with our next harvest of apple bananas.
 
After lunch we rolled ourselves back out of the restaurant - we definitely ate too much. But it was well worth it!

another picture outside Mama's... yes, I am overdressed - but on Maui there aren't that many occasions to dress up, so I went for it!

Labels: , , ,