A beautiful morning for a new coffee

The trade winds are back - this is cause for celebration! Yesterday morning when I woke up it was still 79F in the house even though we left windows open... that's too warm for me. Now that the trade winds are back, the house cools off again in the evening. It's nice to start the day cooler than we finished it off the previous evening.

I spent yesterday morning in Lahaina watching the 'Ulalena production. As I had driven myself (as opposed to riding the school bus with my son), I enjoyed stopping for a cup of coffee at the Mauigrown Coffee Company Store in Lahaina, right next to the smoke stack (and a Shell gas station). Although I've driven past it several times, this is the first time I've gone in. I sure enjoyed browsing through their little store area, checking out all the different coffees and choosing a bag of coffee to bring home. I ended up with their Estate Blend, a medium roast of their Typica and Yellow Caturra varieties. It's a nice mellow coffee - I sure am enjoying it this morning.

As I've been told Mauigrown Coffee Company gets their beans at Kaanapali Coffee Farms. If you are driving along the Sugar Cane Train line, turn right where their Kaanapali station is, but instead of turning left into the parking lot, keep driving up that road and you get to a new subdivision (5-7 acre lots with big homes, each growing a share of the co-op's beans on their acreage).

When in Lahaina - go check the store out! This family business is open Monday-Saturday (closed Sunday).

Labels: , , ,