Best snorkel ever!

Today my cousin and I went on my third ever snorkel trip. My first time was a real miss (we took a boat out to Molokini, I was seasick, claustrophobic from the mask, panic-stricken about the depth, not a good combination). My second time was with experienced snorkelers who showed me the ropes (I still ended up panic-stricken and with numerous leg cramps). Today was my day to go for a good snorkel!

We decided to go right off the beach at the northern end of Keawakapu Beach (near our Kihei Surfside condo). My cousin grabbed some gear from the rental place in the Mana Kai Resort (right next to the Kihei Surfside) for $7. Then off we went.

I continue to be amazed at how once you put your face in the water, your body just floats effortlessly. Until you panic, that is!

Here's a list of some of the cool things we remember seeing (pictures found on the internet - we did not fiddle with a camera).

Best snorkel ever!!


moray eel similar to this one
 
trumpet fish
humuhumunukunukuapua'a (Hawaiian trigger fish)
we saw TWO sea turtles!
pencil sea urchin


black sea urchin (you definitely don't want to touch this! Remember, don't touch the corral!)

Labels: , , , ,