Guests at our Kihei Surfside condo #405!

Last night I took two of our boys for a sleepover at our Kihei Surfside condo #405. We bought this condo almost a year ago. It is truthfully my favorite of our four condos. It is direct oceanfront with a wonderful oceanview. The guests who stay leave wonderful guestbook entries, so I figured - it's my turn to enjoy it (it's currently empty until our next check-in on Monday)!

We walked Keawakapu Beach at sunset, sat on the lounge chairs overlooking the lava rocks enjoying the breeze (until the kids got cold - I think they've officially acclimatized to Maui weather, it was in the low 20s/mid 70s - definitely not cold!), watched one of the condo's DVDs til bedtime and then fell asleep to the sound of the waves hitting the lava rocks. I woke up around 5:30am and sat on the lanai, watching the sky turn color as the sun rose to the East of us. I had intended to go back to bed, but then the kids woke up and wanted breakfast. Since we didn't bring groceries, it was the perfect excuse to go to that cinnamon bun place in Kamaole Shopping Center for a decadent breakfast treat!

Sunrise at Kihei Surfside 405

Not only was this a fun little getaway, I also got to check out the condo from a guest's perspective. I can report that the bed is amazingly comfortable. The towels are soft and fluffy. The sheets were so-so, my husband Sig picked up new 540 threadcount sheets at Costco this morning. He also bought four new king-sized pillows. I replaced all the batteries in remote controls and smoke detectors (it's been a year, good time to do it!) and checked the cordless phones (they are working fine). Tomorrow I will go back, clean and get it all ready for our next check-in (yes, I will leave them a box of macadamia nut chocolates as I always do). Monday morning the window washer comes (they wash the windows every other month, to make sure you can fully appreciate the view), Monday afternoon our next guests arrive.

A great advantage of renting one of our condos is that we as owners live closeby and keep a close eye on things. Most condo owners stay in their condo once a year, leaving busy rental agencies to monitor things when they are away. I check all our condos before every guest arrives, seeing that everything is clean and checking for things that need fixing and replacing. I also read all the guest book entries - so please, write us a note before you leave. Many guests write about their favorite adventures - it's fun to hear about their experiences, but also for our guests (and us) to get ideas for our own adventures.

Labels: ,